For those of you interested in learning more about music therapy assessment and treatment planning in relationship-based work, The Rebecca Center for Music Therapy at Molloy College is offering a 1-day conference on October 11th, 2013: Considering Musical Dimensions in Relationship-Based Work: New Directions in Music Therapy Treatment Planning. This affordable conference will be cost $40.00 per person ($15.00 for students) and will include: six (6) presentations, a continental breakfast, lunch, and 8 CMTE credits!
Considering Musical Dimensions in Relationship-Based Work: New Directions in Music Therapy Treatment Planning
October 11, 2013
Molloy College (Suffolk Center)
This 1-day conference will explore ideas on understanding musical dimensions in relationship-based work within the context of the Individual Music-Centered Assessment Profile for Neurodevelopmental Disorders (IMCAP-ND).
Topics to be covered include:
- An overview of IMCAP-ND
- Early childhood and mental health
- Principles of Music-Centered, Relationship-based Music Therapy Assessment
- Clinical use of IMCAP-ND’s Scale I: Musical Emotional Assessment rating Scale
- Clinical goal planning within a music-centered and humanistic framework
- A microanalysis self-assessment of the music therapist through the use of IMCAP-ND
We invite you to review the agenda below and take a look at the outstanding faculty available for this conference. You can receive a total of 8 CMTE credits for attending this conference.
John A. Carpente, Ph.D., MT-BC, LCAT
2) The Musicality of the Infant-Parent Relationship and the Foundational Experiences Needed for Mental Health and Peaceful Societies
Keynote Presenter, Gerry Costa, Ph.D.
3) Understanding our Clients as only Music Therapists Can: Principles of Music-Centered, Relationship-based Music Therapy Assessment
Brian Abrams, Ph.D., MT-BC, LPC, LCAT
4) Through a Musical Lens: A Glimpse into Music Making Using the IMCAP-ND with Children with Autism
Jill Lucente, MS, MT-BC, LCAT
5) Bridging Humanistic and Music-Centered Thinking with Evidence-Based Practice In Music Therapy Goal Planning
Suzanne Sorel, D.A., MT-BC, LCAT
6) IMCAP-ND in Self-Assessment: A Music-Centered Microanalysis of the Therapist within the Clinical Setting
Gabriela S. Ortiz, MS, MT-BC
New Publication: IMCAP-ND: A Clinical Manual
Facebook: Developmental Music Health